For IV or SC injection or infusion only.
The dose should be adjusted according to the severity of pain, the total condition of the patient and previous or concurrent medication.
All medicines may have some unwanted side effects. Sometimes they are serious but most of the time they are not. As for other medicines of this type, that is opioid analgesics, side effects tend to reduce over time, with the exception of constipation. This means that the longer you take this medicine, the less it may cause problems for you. Your doctor has weighed the risks of this medicine against the benefits they expect it will have for you.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects. Not everybody experiences them.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking OxyNorm capsules. This medicine helps people with moderate to severe pain, but it may have unwanted side effects in some people. Other side effects not listed here may also occur in some people.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- mild abdominal symptoms such as diarrhoea, feeling sick (nausea), decreased appetite or constipation
- dry mouth, hiccups, sore throat, trouble swallowing or changes in voice
- excessive sweating
- feeling anxious or nervous, trouble sleeping or abnormal dreams
- trouble with your balance, vertigo
- new problems with your eyesight
- skin rash, itching, chills or fever
- muscle problems, such as spasms, twitching or tremors
- swelling of legs or ankles
- absence of menstrual periods
- decreased sexual drive.
OxyNorm® capsules come in three strengths:
- 5 mg – orange and beige, printed with “ONR 5”
- 10 mg – white and beige, printed with “ONR 10”
- 20 mg – pink and beige, printed with “ONR 20”.
OxyNorm® capsules come in boxes containing blister packs of 20 capsules.
- 5 mg capsules contain 5 mg oxycodone hydrochloride
- 10 mg capsules contain 10 mg oxycodone hydrochloride
- 20 mg capsules contain 20 mg oxycodone hydrochloride.
- microcrystalline cellulose
- magnesium stearate
- Empty Hard Gelatin Capsules 4722-1 (5 mg only)
- Empty Hard Gelatin Capsules 4723-1 (10 mg only)
- Empty Hard Gelatin Capsules 4724-1 (20 mg only)
- OPACODE monogramming ink S-1-277002 BLACK.
In addition, the capsules also contain the colourants listed below:
5 mg – E110 (sunset yellow), E132 (indigo carmine), E171 (titanium dioxide), E172 (iron oxide red and yellow)
10 mg & 20 mg – E132 (indigo carmine), E171 (titanium dioxide), E172 (iron oxide red and yellow).
This medicine does not contain lactose, sucrose, gluten or tartrazine